The Philippine National Committee for the International Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences (IATSS) Forum is now accepting applications for the 47th and 48th IATSS Forum to be held in Suzuka, Japan from April to June and September to November 2010.
The Forum aims to provide the participants from ASEAN countries with a broader perspective and understanding of the role of science, technology and culture of Japan and the developments in ASEAN countries.
The IATSS Forum is open to Filipino men and women who are not more than thirty five (35) years of age at the time of application. They may come from any executive or administrative branch of government with at least 2 years of professional experience and are involved in policy formulation and planning work, or they may come from the academic and private sectors. Applicants from any field of activity/specialization are welcome.
1. not more than 35 years old
2. must be currently employed in any government, public, private and academic institutions
3. if employed in government agency, must be involved in policy formulation and planning work or in research to policy planning
4. if employed in academic institutions, those whose work as professors at a university or research institutions
5. if employed in private institutions, those who are candidates for a leadership position
6. must hold a permanent appointment
7. must be computer literate
8. must have rendered at least two (2) years of service in government, academe and/or private institutions
9. must have completed the required service obligations for previous scholarships availed
10. must not have any pending scholarship application under other program
CHECKLIST OF REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR NOMINATION
1. Letter of recommendation from head of office/agency
2. Accomplished IATSS application forms
3. Two (2) references -- one from supervisor, one from former professor/teacher (use referees form)
4. Applicant will write an essay on: âYou would like to apply for the 47th /48th IATSS Forum Program, but your boss is opposed.â In your essay, please attempt to persuade your boss to consent by using at least one of the ff. points: Leadership style you want to realize in the future, your dream for the future, how you would contribute to your country by using IATSS Forum Experience after returning to your country.
5. Certified true copy of diploma and transcript of records
6. Four (4) photos (4 cm x 3 cm, pls. write your name at the back)
7. clearance from administrative charges
8. certified copy of service record
9. certified statement of actual duties and responsibilities
10. certification of completed service obligation for previous scholarships availed
11. certification of no pending scholarship application under other program
12. list of previous scholarships/trainings attended
Interested applicants may apply to:
Undersecretary Fortunato T. de la PeÃ±a, Chairman
IATSS Forum Philippine National Committee
c/o Department of Science and Technology
General Santos Avenue, Bicutan, Taguig Metro Manila
Deadline for Submission of Application: April 30, 2008