CERTIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY OF NON-DOST SYSTEM S&T PERSONNEL UNDER R.A. NO. 8439
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Finance and Legal Affairs
Room 207, DOST Main Building
Trunk line No. No. 837-2071 loc. 2052, 2006
Telefax No. 8377497
For the availment of benefits under R.A. No. 8439, also known as the Magna Carta for Scientists, Engineers, Researchers and Other Science and Technology (S&T) Personnel in Government, certification of eligibility is issued to qualified Non-DOST System S&T personnel.
If requirements are complete, this transaction can normally be completed within three (3) months.
WHO MAY AVAIL OF THE SERVICE
All non-DOST System personnel in government who are involved in S&T activities (STA) may avail of the benefits under R.A. No. 8439 upon certification of the DOST Secretary.
To be submitted by the agency
- Report of the Agency Screening Committee, which include analysis of qualification of each applicant being recommended and signed by the Agency Screening Committee Chairperson and members
- Official endorsement by head of agency. If the head of agency is applying, his/her application shall be endorsed by the Department Secretary
- Organizational and Functional Charts
- Agency/ Profile/ Description (Mandates, Thrusts and Programs)
- Endorsement by head of agency and/or department, where applicable
- Functions of the service/division/unit/section where the personnel belongs
- Position title, salary grade and description of actual duties and responsibilities with corresponding percentage time allocation
- Certified true copy of diploma/s
- Certified true copy of academic transcript of records
- For applicants with scientist rank conferred by the Scientific Career Council (SCC), Certification of good standing issued by the SCC
- Other relevant documents that may be required by the DOST Screening Committee
SCHEDULE OF AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE:
8:00 AM – 12:00 NN
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
HOW TO AVAIL OF THE SERVICE
|1||Head of Requesting Agency||Submits the endorsement letter re the application of the employee to the DOST Screening Committee.|
|2||DOST-Screening Committee (SC) Secretariat||Acknowledges the receipt of the application.|
|3||DOST-SC Secretariat||Checks completeness of documents.|
If the document is complete, prepares the matrix for evaluation of TWG and forwards the documents to the Working Group.
If the document is incomplete, prepares letter for signature of the SC Chairperson informing the agency head of applicants who do not comply with the documentary requirements.
|5||Working Group (WG)||Reviews the completeness of the submitted documents of applicants.|
Evaluates the following:
Advises the DOST-SC if the agency is not qualified.
Sends the recommendation to the DOST SC.
Reviews WG endorsement of the individual applicants.
Returns the applications to the WG for re-evaluation, if SC does not agree with the recommendation of WG.
Prepares the following:
|9||DOST-SC||Signs the final matrix of approved/ disapproved applicants and the recommendation letter to the Secretary.|
|10||DOST Secretary||Acts on the SC recommendation.|
Sends the letter to the proponent re: